Not sure if you want to be a member?
Check These 9 “Do-It-Yourself” Things For Signs Your System Is Inefficient
- Check the owner’s manual to see if the blower motor should be lubricated. If it hasn’t, it needs to be.
- Check all hose connections for leaks.
- Keep outside plants at least one foot away for adequate airflow around the entire unit.
- Vacuum registers and air vents regularly.
- Keep furniture and drapes away from registers.
- Inspect belts to see if they’re frayed.
- Check flues or vents for cracks or blockages.
- Check the condensate drain to make sure it is properly attached and flowing freely and inspect for mold and bacteria.
- Clean or change your filter. This is especially important during the summer when dust and allergens circulate. Most dealers recommend changing disposal filters once a month or cleaning reusable filters every other month.
Remember to read your owner’s manual carefully before doing any maintenance work, and always shut off power at the service panel first.